Tuesday, October 18, 2011

“One Came Back: The Saga of the Missing Sock” Part 1

Forgive me, but it wouldn't be a saga if it had only one part.

It started last Spring when my wife insisted I wear those mini socks (I guess you'd call them anklets) when I play golf. She thought my lower legs looked funny because they were so much whiter than the rest of my sunburned limbs.

So I bought several pairs and wore them throughout the summer and she was happy with my fully sunburned legs.

Then one day we were sorting our laundry and one of my white anklets was missing. Hey, that's not uncommon. Everyone goes through that once in a while. It must have missed this wash. It'll turn up in the next one.

Well, it didn't. We looked around the washer and dryer and behind each as well. No sock. Not to worry, I had plenty of others but it nagged me.

Where could that sock disappear to? For weeks, with every wash we expected it to appear. But it did not. The mystery deepened until it became an obsession. Actually, it became this saga.

Which I will conclude next time.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment