Monday, November 14, 2011

E-Readers

Here they come, the latest e-readers for the holiday season. Bigger, better, bolder looking. Cheaper? Are you kidding?

OK, some still will be on the less expensive side (under $100 with ads, more without). I'm still not buying. I know people who love them. I haven't tried one so I really can't say I don't like them.

What I don't like is the concept. All the hype about e-readers downplays the fact you still have to BUY the books in order to read them. That's where I draw the line.

I like books. I read books. I get them from my local library. And if they don't have it on their shelf, they'll get if for me from another library. That's service.

I'm also patient. I don't have to be the first person on the block to read a book. I read book reviews. If a book sounds interesting, or its recommended by a friend, I'll reserve it at the library. Anticipating its arrival is part of the fun.

Best of all, it costs me only a dime to reserve a book. And they don't have ads between the pages.

Bookmark that!

No comments:

Post a Comment