Friday, February 3, 2012

Waiting For Dave

I spent several days trying to reach Continental Airlines by phone recently. It was impossible. I just don't have the patience to listen to their eager promotional messages ad nauseum while waiting for a real, live person to pick up the phone. Nice music might have kept me on longer.

My wife suggested I try calling in the middle of the night. You know, when you get up to go the bathroom. Take the phone into the spare room and try then. I thought it had possibilities.

It was 4:24 a.m. when I awoke, did my thing, and then called Continental’s 800 number. Sure enough, I got the same obnoxious voice mail that went on and on and on without a break.

But hey, it was 4:30 in the morning, how long could I have to wait. The answer was 25 minutes. But you know that was OK because I was comfortable, had the speaker phone on and volume down low and almost fell back to sleep.

Fortunately, I didn't because Dave finally came on and was very nice. He took my request for an upgrade from coach to business class on our return flight from Israel and said the best he could do was wait-list us. For this I waited 25 minutes in the middle of the night after trying fruitlessly for two days to reach someone.

Well, yes. So we're wait-listed for business first but I have no doubt we'll be coming back coach.

I went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment