Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Did I Hear Right?

How many times have you turned to your companion while listening to news on the radio and asked: "What did he (or she) say?"

A lot, I'll bet. Particularly if you're my age and its hard enough to understand what the person next to you is saying. No less understand it.

Getting to the point: I was listening to the news in the car today and there was a report about the House efforts to repeal (they use the word "kill") the Obama health care reforms. Regardless of the fact that their bill will not pass the Senate, it must make them feel powerful to be able to pass such a bill. OK. But, what about offering an alternative version to improve our system of health care?

Well, for the first time that I can recall I actually heard (or thought I heard) someone suggest opponents of  health care reform propose an alternative rather than simply kill the reforms. I did not catch the man's name but I believe he was identified as a member of a business organization. I haven't heard a Republican response yet but I sure would like to.

Is it too much to ask those who oppose to offer alternatives rather than "just say no."

No comments:

Post a Comment