Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Am a Pro

Procrastinator, that is. You may recall I signed up with Skype in order to talk free with my granddaughter in Israel. And I found out I needed a microphone in my PC to complete the call.

I knew I had some microphones in the house that I used to use in my media training days. So I found them. And they have been sitting on my desk for almost two weeks within two feet of the PC.

Did I think one of the mics would plug itself in. Of course not. So why haven't I connected it? Lazy? Other things keep cropping up. Like Spider Solitaire. Or answering emails. Or just plain forgetting.

That's hard to believe since the microphone is within my sight whenever I'm at my desk. I know why I've been putting it off. I'm not sure if the batteries will still work. I haven't used the mic in about two years. Sound reasonable?

So test it already, you say. Good idea. I've got a free day tomorrow and I will make connecting the microphone my #1 task of the day. I'll even buy fresh batteries, if needed. You read it here first. And if I don't do it I'll have to admit tomorrow that once again I procrastinated.

Nothing like shame to motivate a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment