Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Not a Happy Camper

As promised last night, today I successfully tested and then connected a microphone to my PC so I could make phone or video calls using Skype. Didn't work.

Here's the story. First, I tried to test the mic to make sure it was working with Skype. Could not find the Skype testing site, which I had seen before, no matter how many different sites I went to. Very frustrating. But since I knew the mic was OK, I wasn't too concerned.

Next, I tried to make a call. Skype promises new users their first call is free but when I clicked on the “make a free call button” up popped fees for various types of calls. Sorry, I'm not buying that.

So I'm connected but un-connectable. I sent off a message to Skype using their “contact us” site. But after composing my message there was no “send” or “submit” button. They also suggested I leave an email address so they could contact me. There was no place to type it in. It was all very strange. Then I saw what I thought might be a send sign and clicked on it just in case.

I'll wait a day a two for a response from Skype. If I haven't heard from them by then, I'll cancel and remove the program from my PC. I don't think it will be much of a loss.

I've had enough Skype hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment