Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Did It! Almost

For those of you watching breathlessly to find out when or whenever I might finally buy a Blu-ray video disc player, that day came today. After months of muddling, I bought one.

But wait. I haven't opened it yet so of course I haven't connected it yet. That will have to wait until tomorrow. It's not that I'm concerned it won't work. After all, it's a Sony, so naturally it will work. (Fingers crossed.)

It has the built in wi-fi feature I wanted and a lot of other bells and whistles to play with when I get around to them. So why haven't you plugged it in yet, you ask?

Well, we're cautious, my wife and I. You see we received our latest video disk from Netflix this afternoon and we want to watch the movie tonight. And we don't want to take any chances that I'll have problems swapping out our old reliable DVD player for the Blu-ray version. (Screwing it up, in plain English.)

So we'll watch our movie tonight and then tomorrow I'll have plenty of time to make the switch, hopefully without incident. And if we like it enough, we could watch tonight's movie again just to see how the new guy works. Or stream a different Netflix offering using the wi-fi feature.

We're cautiously optimistic. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment