Monday, May 23, 2011

One Step Closer

I am one “follower” closer to 10, thanks to coercing a wonderful relative to sign on to my Blog.

I'm not looking for mass distribution here but it would be nice to break into double figures. Any takers out there? C'mon. You don't have to actually read my stuff, although you might find you like some of it, but sign up anyway. It'll make my day.

This pleading for followers sounds pathetic, I know, but I've been browsing through The Huffington Post Complete Guide to BLOGGING” (all caps their idea). If I read the guide right it's OK to blog for yourself but if you are really serious you have to GET OUT THERE AND GET READERS.

And you have to BREAK NEWS. Sorry, I spent 25 plus years in the news business back in the day and much of what passes for news today just doesn't interest me. I headed up an all-news radio station but we didn't expect you to be listening all 24 hours. That's why we created the news cycle. You got what you needed in 20 to 22 minutes and then you were free to go about your business. Check in once in a while during the day and you were up to date.

TV News took that to another level, down I'd say, and made news entertainment. Hence all this chit chat and concentration on celebrities and wannabe celebrities. And the lightweights delivering all this chatter haven't a clue what to do when a real news break is handed them.

Well, that was fun. Now I'll go back under my rock. Thanks for listening.

And sign up, if you will. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment