Thursday, May 5, 2011

Net Loss

Last week I forgot to record one of our favorite network TV shows.

So I went to the network's website and sure enough there were several weeks of full episodes, including the one we missed. But we had to watch it on our PC monitor since our PC isn't connected to the TV.

What a disappointment. First of all the picture was about a third of the screen and surrounded by very distracting ads. And all the commercials were included. I DVR everything and skip the commercials when we watch the programs.

What's worse, the video and audio were out of sync. I tried it for about 10 minutes and had to bail. It was awful.

I admit my PC is about 10 years old but I really don't think that had anything to do with it. What concerns me is that if I finally get that Blu-ray player I've been talking about the feeds through my PC will be just as bad as this one.

Here's the dilemma. Tonight we watched a Netflix DVD of “The King's Speech.” It was wonderful. If we had streamed it directly from the internet, via Netflix or any other service that comes with a Blu-ray player, would the quality of the picture be just as good?

It muddles my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment