Monday, May 2, 2011

Old Friends

There is a bond between old friends that may stretch but rarely breaks. We all have those relationships with former classmates, neighbors, workplace colleagues, etc.

We received a phone call (remember them?) from one such friend tonight. She was a neighbor many, many years ago and although we and she have relocated our families over the years, we still keep in touch, mostly by phone or an occasional email. Tonight it was a phone call and it resulted in a pleasant chat.

(Full disclosure: she's also a follower of this blog so I have to be careful what I say here.)

To prove her loyalty she asked about my new four-in-one printer and I had to admit that so far the only thing I've done with it is print. I haven't even tried the two-sided printing feature which she says is great for her business.

She also asked me if I ever got a blu-ray disc player. Again, I had to admit not yet. Maybe in June.

But the reason she called was to report on a call she received from yet another former neighbor of ours who she hadn't spoken with for at least 10 years. After that conversation she was so concerned about this woman's health she had to share those concerns with us. After all, what are friends for if not to share mutual concerns.

So after sharing what there was to share and catching up in general we said goodbye. Until the next time we have the urge to touch base with each other. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

(Printed on one side for editing purposes before publishing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment