Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Real "Decider"

George Bush may have dubbed himself “The Decider” but I bet he had to ask Laura's permission first before using that title.

No man in his right mind makes any decision, especially a social engagement, without first checking with his own “Decider,” the woman in his life, wife or otherwise. After all, she has her calendar, which he rarely keeps. In fact, I don't write anything on my calendar until I check it with hers.

This subject came up innocently enough this afternoon when we were talking about making a date with old friends. I instantly said: “you call.” What would be the point if I called? We'd only have to turn the phone over to the ladies to check their respective calendars to see when we were all available.

This “deciding” business cuts across all categories. What we do on vacations. Where we go. How long a trip we should take. Example: I'd love to go on an African Safari. Too long a flight, she says. Too expensive, too, she adds. (I'll give her that one.) Hey, here's one every man asks his “Decider.” What's for dinner? Sound familiar?

Florida in the winter, she asks? I hate Florida. Score one for me, although I'll break down once in a while for a short visit with family in central Florida.

Would you have it any other way?

I'm happy when she's happy. Peace prevails.

Happy Mother's Day all you “Deciders.”

(Disclosure: This Blog was approved by my “Decider.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment