Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Techie Did It!

The way new devices keep popping up all the time you'd think there would be a simpler way of transferring data from one gizmo to another. Why is it always so complicated?

For instance, recently I put a new battery in my cell phone while the phone was still on. When I glanced at the instructions later it said to turn the phone off before changing batteries in order not to lose your contacts. I guess I got lucky because all my contacts were safely stored.

New case: just recently one of my tennis partners bought a new PC and rather than risk losing the data on his old PC he brought in a technical consultant (who I also use) to make the transfer.

My friend edits a church newsletter called The Dovetail and yesterday he emailed his staff for contributions. Thing is his email also went to all his tennis partners. His explanation follows:

"My computer maven Erich apparently dovetailed my tennis group with my Holy Spirit newsletter (The Dovetale) into one big group, so you most likely got an e-mail about the Dovetale, which you can simply delete (unless you want to write an article for me) and I'll try to separate the groups, if I can figure how to do that on our new computer." 

I doubt we'll write any articles but we always pray that we'll play better.

No comments:

Post a Comment