Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wrong Again

Well, I still don't make the big bucks but I did make the DL. My orthopedist sat me down for 21 days at least and ordered me to take an MRI for the right hip.

I did get the cortisone shot. He said it would take a few days to take full effect but the leg is starting to feel better already. Have to curtail some gym activities involving the legs for a while but we can do some other things to keep going physically.

My defection from our fearsome tennis foursome sent our captain scurrying to find a replacement or two. Unfortunately we can't call up someone from AAA Scranton or AA Trenton to fill in. They're all busy playing baseball and far too young for our crowd,

Our group resembles the Mets of last year with injuries cropping up at all the wrong times. Age is a factor, I suppose, although none of us want to use that excuse. It's just that S—t Happens and we have to deal with it.

I'm looking on the bright side. My orthopedist is the same guy who repaired my torn rotator cuff and after a lengthy rehab it's just fine. Hoping for the same outcome this time.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment