Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Month, Another Delay

I just removed the March calendar from my desk clipboard and am staring at April. What I'm seeing, however, is the January, February and March calendar pages on my desk waiting to be entered into my desktop calendar for posterity. I'm procrastinating and don't know why.

Back story: When I went into consulting I kept scrupulous records of my daily activities by writing them by hand on a monthly calendar page printed from my Palm Desktop program. (How dated is that now!)

At the end of each month I would transcribe all the jottings into the PC, print the monthly page and enter it into a loose leaf folder. At the end of the year, I had a nice neat record of my daily activities. Of course all this also was in the bowels of my PC but a little redundancy never hurt anyone.

Even after I retired I still kept up the practice of daily notations, comparing my calendar with my wife's so we could literally be on the same page with appointments and such.

I don't know why I've sluffed off in the first three months of 2011. I still keep handwritten notes on the monthly page but I still haven't made the final transition to PC and then to loose leaf book.

Will history mourn these omissions? Will they be compared to the missing 18 minutes of the Nixon White House tapes? Am I being overly dramatic or just lazy?

It took months to get around to fixing the leaky faucet. I'll try not to take that long to update the calendars. Time, as you know, “creeps in this petty pace”...yeah, yeah, yeah. Enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment