Saturday, April 2, 2011

Making the List

I've just realized the importance of making a commitment in public, in this Blog, for instance. It brings pressure on you to keep it.

Fixing the faulty faucet was the first step. After complaining about it for weeks I finally did something about it. Yesterday I bemoaned the fact that I hadn't updated my hand-written monthly calender to my PC. Today I did.

On a much smaller scale, we all make shopping lists and try to get everything on it.

This afternoon, list in hand, we went to Costco and split our ranks. While my wife went to the food area I browsed elsewhere looking for copy paper. I found it later but in my wanderings I came across a good buy on K-cups coffee.

Since my wife had the shopping cart, I did not lug the 80-cup carton to the back of the store but I did mention it to her when we met. She agreed it was a good buy.

Did we pick it up on the way out? Of course not. IT WAS NOT ON THE LIST.

Moral of the story: write it down or fuggedaboutit.

No comments:

Post a Comment