Sunday, August 14, 2011

Heather

Heather called the other day. Wanted to discuss our checking account. She didn't get far because whenever we get one of those automated phone calls from a chirpy voice wanting information that's none of their business we quickly hang up .

Cold call marketing from automated call centers is becoming an epidemic. It's not just the banks with their Heathers, but all kinds of companies wanting to con you into one thing or another.

Then there's the call you get when there is silence before someone or some recording comes on the line. My tolerance for these calls is nil. If I don't hear a voice after I say hello, I hang up.

I think the technical term for these calls is phishing.

Well, we're not biting and I hope you aren't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment