Monday, August 15, 2011

Merger Exhaustion

We received our first new bank statement from Wells Fargo today. I really hope this is the last chapter in the transition from Wachovia to Wells Fargo. It seems like it's taken forever.

It started with the frequent advisories we received via email and snail mail about what was going to happen and when it was going to happen and what it meant to us. And then occasionally it did happen.

Last week I got a call from my local Wells Fargo banker telling me I was going to receive a new credit card tied to my equity credit line. I asked why he was telling me this. Just wanted to let you know to expect it. Did I really need a new card? Well, he said, that's up to you. You will get it anyway and then you can decide.

So it arrived finally and I studied it and he was right, it was tied to my equity line of credit. And guess what, every time I would use this card it would count as an advance on my credit line and I would be charged interest on the balance. Not only did I not activate the card, I shredded it.

The new bank statement will take a little getting used to, but between my wife and I we figured it out. The important thing is our account balanced the first time we tried.

Now that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment