Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hold Everything!

Just when I thought I'd buy a laptop computer to replace or augment my old PC, today's paper tells me that “tablets are flying off store shelves.” This modern world is beginning to move at warp speed. Slow me down, Scotty.

I don't even know what a tablet is. Seriously. Oh, I know it's a small computer but I really have no idea whether it's for me. I'm not familiar with its attributes, what it can and can't do, it's price, size, etc.

In other words, it's back into research mode. I'm trying to be realistic. I'm retired. I don't need to be in touch 24/7 and I don't use a lot of apps. I don't play games. In short, a tablet seems like overkill for me.

I like to write my nightly blog and I'd have to see if a tablet has a comfortable keyboard. If it doesn't, it's a non-starter. Then there's the cost. I understand you have to sign up with a Verizon or an AT&T to get full use of the tablet. If that's the case, I don't want that extra expense.

So there's a lot of questions to be answered and for the time being we'll put the laptop on hold until we can make an informed decision.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment