Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Avoiding Taxes

No, I have not developed a new scheme for avoiding taxes. I have just been avoiding them.

They sit on my dining room table, waiting to be done. I walk past them and around them every day. Many times a day. I often glance at them and say I really should get to them. I don't.

I stall. I stare. I think about them. I move them from side to side. They're piled neatly on the table. Sometimes I move them from the dining room to kitchen and back again, undisturbed. They've been there a few weeks now.

I know I will have to do it sometime soon but I procrastinate. I have all the information required to fill out the forms to send to my accountant. I know he's waiting at his end to receive them.

My wife has done her part, adding up the deductions we can take. Now it's my turn to fill in the blanks. But that's all I do, turn – away.

I'm beginning to feel guilty but not guilty enough. Maybe writing about my guilt will motivate me. I wouldn't count on it.

This is taxing. Unavoidably.

No comments:

Post a Comment