Saturday, February 25, 2012

Packing Panic

Whenever we travel the first thing I do is panic over packing. I never want to take more than we need but it seems we always do.

It's particularly annoying now that the airlines are charging casual customers like us additional for more than one bag each. We used to get two free bags anytime we traveled overseas. I hate being nickle-and-dimed like this.

Anyway, the challenge this afternoon was trying to stuff all the things we laid out on a couple of beds into the two allotted suitcases.

Much to my surprise it looks like we'll do it, with the aid of one carry-on. The rub is we have a third bag, a duffel, stuffed with gifts for the grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Since we didn't go overboard for those items, we'll consider the extra bag fee a gift tax. What happens on the return flight, however, is another story. That bag will now be empty. I see two choices: spread our things into three bags and pay yet another fee or leave the bag in Israel for my grandchildren. I'm leaning toward option two.

In any case, the packing panic is over. There even may be room for another pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment