Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Done!

I couldn't avoid it any longer. In a burst of ambition I completed our 2011 income tax forms and they're ready to go to the accountant.

I'm quite pleased with myself because it wasn't as complicated as I thought. Ever cautious, I've copies of everything going out. We'll finalize them when we return from our trip to Israel (we leave Tuesday).

I discovered in talking to my accountant that all returns have to be e-filed. No wonder the Post Office is losing money. Tax returns sent by mail used to cost a lot more than one stamp. (Disclosure: I'm sending my tax forms to my accountant via FEDEX.)

If the IRS is saving money by taking only e-filings, the Post Office becomes the poorer. Doesn't anyone talk to anyone else in government?

Silly question. Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment