Friday, February 24, 2012

Tapping the Glass

David Pogue is at it again. In his column in Thursday's NYTimes he's ecstatic about something called “OnLive Desktop Plus.” He describes it as a “radical iPad service” that puts everything I no longer need at the tap of my finger on the glass.

Read the column if you want the particulars. I think the idea is great and will probably be obsolete in a week, or more.

Speaking of tapping glass, my wife and I are getting our fingerprints all over the surface of our Nook as we play “Words with Friends” and read our respective books. We even bought a specific glass cleaner to clean the surface. How anal is that?

But everything technical today requires some sort of glass tapping. Pogue says you're better off using a stylus rather than your finger to tap some of the keys on the “OnLive Desktop Plus.” The keys are that small.

I used a stylus once with one of the first Palm devices. I can't remember the name of the product, but I still have the desktop version on my PC. I keep my calendar and names and addresses on it. Some things really do last.

I'd like to try the new “OnLine Desktop Plus” some day. But I don't have an iPad, don't need an iPad and have no use for all the apps that come with the software. It does sound great, though.

Have fun, techies.

No comments:

Post a Comment