Monday, September 19, 2011

And Now It's Rice Cakes

Having recently reintroduced myself to white bread (doctor's advice) I am now also feasting on rice cakes (same doctor).

I had forgotten how tasty a rice cake could be when shmeared with peanut butter. So now, instead of a bagel and cream cheese for my mid-round snack on the golf course, it's two rice cakes & PB. Yummy. No kidding.

This strange, retro way of eating has had unintended consequences. I've lost weight. I didn't have to lose weight but I dropped five pounds in a week. I've stabilized now, thank goodness.

Don't laugh, but my wife is now trying to fatten me up. She went shopping today and came home with two varieties of dark chocolate for me to snack on. I love dark chocolate but try to limit myself to one piece per day. (Full disclosure: once in a while I might have a second.)

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment